For this sprint, I prioritized on fixing bugs and issues that were found with the open house prototype. This includes:
- Tutorial System turning its panel on randomly throughout the game.
- Removed item previewing from the looting panel. This fixes the buying and selling bugs.
- Fixed all forms of quests bugging out in the game.
- Fixed bugs whereby players can talk to NPCs after looting in the Tutorial. You may only talk after incrementing your stats.
- Players can no longer hop backwards while pressing space to loot.
- Loading bar progress text is now integer based instead of showing float/doubles.
- Rebalanced combat.
- Players now spawn on the ground automatically instead of in the air.
- Improved the ease of landing Seismic Strike; player now snaps to nearest enemy within attacking range at the end of the dash before continuing the seismic strike combo.
- Implemented a VFX pooler system which spawns blood splatters when slashing enemies, providing visual feedback.
- Tapping space bar now makes the player dodge backwards if in combat mode and dodge forwards if in Out of Combat mode.
- Added windows for the player to change their attack direction after initiating an attack, most noticeably felt on the 5th basic attack where the character pulls his sword back before swinging forwards.
- Limited camera zoom in to prevent entering first person view intentionally.
- Various bug fixes.
- Ark’s New Face Sheet
Made the new Ark’s Face – 3rd Iteration
Hair is placeholder
With our efforts to make Cylo more difficult to fight, we decided to make it run instead of walk and also have a lunging attack that players will have to dodge.
It’s also able to jump back now if it senses any threats.
Currently polishing the game for release, all visible user interface animations and level design bugs has been fixed. One of the major issues were user interface transitions, which hindered player progression when interacting with NPCs for quests and purchasing of items.