Let’s go progress tracking! This sprint, I took a deep dive into the innard workings of journal systems to implement one such system for our game, allowing players to track everything ranging from quests, monsters to NPCs alike!
The purpose of the journal system is to give players an insight to how far he or she is currently into the game. The monster encyclopedia system within tracks the amount of monsters of a certain type the player killed, its description, loot and what not which ties in to other aspects of the game including crafting, questing and what not.
The NPC system, respectively, tracks the amount of times the player interacted with a certain NPC, its type of whether its a questgiver, shopkeeper or whatnot, its location and a description of him or her. We wish to build a certain relationship system with NPCs in the future, and that will be a perfect chance to utilize this system thus far.
- Integrated stats system to gameplay.
- Players can now unlock & equip augments as they please so long as they meet the requirements.
- Created an action-picking system for Pyclo Boss AI.
- Pyclo now enters a resting state when a percentage of its health is lost.
- Refactored player movement script, hence increasing readability & reducing bugs
- Fixed various bugs with combat
- Journal System UI Design
- Crafting System UI Design
Made a weapon rig the snap to either the hand or the back (sheathe)
Made animations like:
Plant and Turn